Disinfestation Of Bugs
Disinfestation of mites and bugs by ozone
Ozonation treatment is a very effective and ecological method of disinfection which removes, among other things, unpleasant odours, bacteria and moulds.
Ozone for most of us is associated primarily with the ozone layer or the effect of a crisp air after a storm, with its characteristic smell.
It is worth mentioning that it is also used to disinfect various types of utility rooms, houses, offices, etc. It is one of the strongest and most effective disinfectants, much more effective than conventional products.
What is ozone?
Ozone is a gas sometimes called “active oxygen”.
In nature it arises under the influence of UV radiation (photochemical reaction) and electrical discharges during thunderstorms (bioelectrical reaction).
There are two ways to generate ozone artificially:
- Using ultraviolet rays
- Using corona discharge that produces ozone by applying high voltage to a metal mesh between two dielectrics
Both of these processes add energy to oxygen molecules, split them into single oxygen (O) atoms that combine with other oxygen (O2) molecules to produce ozone (O3). It is worth mentioning that ozone is transformed into oxygen relatively quickly, thus cannot be stored and delivered in any tank or cylinder.
Ozone can be produced at the decontamination site and a special device is used for this – ozone generator. The resulting gas is as effective as the natural gas, provided that its concentration is carefully controlled.
Ozone itself is primarily about rapid oxidation. Encountering a variety of airborne pollutants, ozone reacts with them causing them to oxidise, breaking them down into less complex and usually less harmful particles. The remaining ozone automatically breaks down back into oxygen, which makes it very environmentally friendly.
Bet on controlling bedbugs with ozone
Ozone treatment is an ecological form of room disinfection that allows the removal of unpleasant odours and the elimination of bacteria, mites, fungi, moulds or germs. This method works well where traditional disinfection methods have failed. This is due to the fact that ozone in the form of gas reaches the most inaccessible places that cannot be decontaminated by other means. The use of ozone leaves the air clean, completely free of bacteria, viruses and harmful biological creations. However, it is worth remembering that even though ozone is natural and ecological agent, very high concentrations can be dangerous to health. Gas used for disinfection of rooms in the right way does not pose a threat if it is done by a specialist.
How is the ozonation procedure carried out?
Room disinfection during which ozone treatment is applied consists of five stages:
- Proper preparation of the room – all plants and animals must be removed from the area, all ventilation grilles, slots and gaps in the doors should be sealed. It is a good practice to remove valuable items such as paintings and other works of art and wrap electronic equipment with foil.
- Ensuring proper temperature and humidity – maintaining 40-60% relative humidity ensures low probability of microorganism growth
- Proper placement and activation of ozone generators – it is important that the generator does not stand on the floor, but on a platform
- Monitoring the entire process including control of the ozone concentration in the room
- Reduction of ozone concentration until reaching a safe level – while ventilation should not start before about 30 minutes, which will allow make full use of the ozone produced
Ozone treatment is a very effective method with a wide range of applications. However, disinfection should be entrusted to specialists as it requires appropriate equipment, knowledge and skills.
O3ZONE POWER – Bacteria & Viruses Hunters serves the entire area of Greater Manchester and beyond.
Please do not hesitate to contact us and we will always be glad to help you and discuss your needs.