Trams Disinfection in Greater Manchester
Coronavirus: Time to stop using public transport?
Transport for Greater Manchester and Transport for London joined dozens of cities across the world in announcing an “enhanced cleaning regime” for trams, trains and buses.
“Cleaning across the network now includes additional substances that kill viruses and bacteria on contact in order to reduce the risk of coronavirus spreading,” said London mayor.
Official government recommendation, based on balancing economic with health concerns, is that there is nothing to fear from continuing to use public transport.
It is true however that there are bigger risks associated with catching the viruses when travelling on trams, buses and trains.
Ozonation is a perfect solution to disinfect any type of public transport as it reaches places traditional cleaning methods cannot get (ventilation shafts, places out of reach).
Ozone as a gas has the strongest oxidising property, which instantly eliminates bacteria’s and viruses’ organic substances, destroying their organelles, DNA and RNA. After disinfection, it will break down into oxygen, causing no secondary pollution.
Our Donation Target:
So far we have collected:
SMALL BUT DEADLY:
Most dangerous bacteria found on public transport
- ACINETOBACTER BAUMANNII
- Commonly found in water and soil, Acinetobacter baumannii accounts for approximately 80% of reported infections.
- PSEUDOMONAS AERUGINOSA
- Pseudomonas infection is caused by strains of bacteria found extensively in the environment. Those with compromised immune systems are most susceptible but healthy people can also develop mild illnesses with Pseudomonas aeruginosa, especially after exposure to contaminated water.
- ENTEROBACTERIACEAE: KLEBSIELLA, E. COLI, SERRATIA, PROTEUS
- CRE or carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae, is a family of bugs that are difficult to treat because it is highly resistant to antibiotics. Klebsiella species and Escherichia coli (E. coli) are examples of Enterobacteriaceae, a normal part of the human gut bacteria, that can become immune. This is because the enzymes break down the medication, rendering it ineffective. While healthy people do not usually get this infection, it came alight it contributed to death in up to 50 per cent patients who become infected.
- ENTEROCOCCUS FAECIUM
- Bacteria that exist in the human intestinal lining, this strain has developed antibiotic resistance.
- STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS
- Staph bacteria can cause a wide range of infections, from relatively minor skin conditions such as boils, to more serious infections of blood, lungs and heart.
- Vast majority of people infected with Salmonella develop diarrhoea, abdominal cramps and fever 12 to 72 hours after infection. While symptoms usually pass from 4 to 7 days, hospitalisation can be needed in some cases.
Effectiveness of ozone against smell:
Ozone is not only very effective in destroying bacteria and viruses but is extremely powerful against bad odour.
At first, any source of the bad smell has to be eliminated. Vomit, spilled drinks, body odour… We recommend washing the area clean, even using established upholstery cleaning company to thoroughly wash the affected seats or upholstery.
We will then apply ozone that breaks molecules causing the odour.
Ozone gets rid of bad odour effectively and permanently.
Please contact us and we will help you identify the problem and offer suitable solution.
Visit our buses disinfection in Greater Manchester for related content.
Ozone air conditioning fumigation
Ozonation of air conditioning is one of the most adequate method of disinfection.
Ozone, as a triatomic oxygen molecule, tends to oxidise and sterilises everything that comes into contact with. By ozonising and cleaning the air conditioning, the interior of the car is automatically desinfected. In case of service aimed only at ozonation of the interior, ventilation will also be activated, which will ensure air movement – uniform distribution of gas allowing it to reach everywhere. And that is the most important issue during the ozonation of cubature.
Ozonation kills fungi, spores, moulds, mites, viruses and all forms of spore. Ozone removes all odours (e.g. cigarette smoke, mustiness, after floods, after fires).
Ozone treatment allows disinfect vehicle ventilation and air conditioning systems as well as its interior without use of chemicals.
Ozone effectively removes fungi and moulds accumulating in ducts and air conditioning evaporator, which causes appearance of unpleasant odours in the passenger compartment and can cause allergic reactions and diseases.
Ozone disinfects and refreshes entire interior of the vehicle and removes all odours including caused by eg. smoking, air conditioning mould growth, animals transport, etc. Ozone treatment of vehicle interior also removes odours, bacteria and dust mites from its elements, such as upholstery, seats and floor mats.
Please read more about benefits of ozone air conditioning fumigation.
South Korea, China and other countries that use ozone
Chinese government used ozone treatment to reduce the spread of the virus from public areas and were successful in their endeavour. It was also proven very effective during the SARS outbreak in 2003.
Same as with nurseries, ozone:
- Gets rid of coronavirus – COVID-19 with 100% effectiveness
- Eliminates mites along with their droppings
- Removes allergens, viruses, bacteria
- Is 50 times more effective and 3000 times faster than chlorine
- Gets rid of bad odour
- Is one of the most effective methods of disinfection and sterilisation
- Destroys fungi, spores, moulds
After the treatment, ozone decomposes into oxygen gas leaving no by-products.
Please contact us and we will tend to your every need. We cover entire Greater Manchester.